Wednesday, July 15, 2015

7/15-DID POLISH NEWSREEL WATCHERS IN 1939 REALIZE THEY WERE WATCHING A PREVIEW OF WHAT GERMANY HAD IN STORE FOR THEM? AND DO AMERICAN NEWS WATCHERS TODAY SEE OUR FUTURE PLAYING OUT ON THE STREETS OF GREECE?



Once a broadcaster named Henry Morgan came to the studio for his show carrying a portable radio.  His aides asked him what it was for and he replied, “I really don’t have anything to say tonight so I thought instead we’d all listen to Lowell Thomas!”  Barry insists he’s not going that far; his radio colleague LOWELL PONTE will be live with Barry on the show; but Barry admits it’s close enough for a laugh.  “I just love the way Lowell does his work.  I love the way he says things.”  So Barry lets Lowell talk on and on and on whereas other talk hosts would snarl and complain “Ponte doesn’t let me get a word in edgewise.”  Lowell’s target tonight – Greece!


                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment